Congratulations on your recent voyage abroad! We know you are excited and brimming with stories of your experiences abroad and insights into your host country’s culture. Might you be looking for a captive audience with whom to share those experiences, or are you seeking new ways to study, travel, or work abroad again? If so, then we invite you to attend the Lessons From Abroad Returnee Conference on Sunday, September 21, 2014, at University of Nebraska, Lincoln!
Conference highlights include:
- Meeting other recent study abroad returnees from all over Nebraska
- Hearing from dynamic and motivating keynote speakers
- Learning how to talk about your newly acquired global skills in a job interview
- Discovering how you can work or study abroad after graduation
- Networking with professionals working in internationally-focused jobs
- Staying connected to and sharing stories about your study abroad experience
This is a great opportunity to network with other students and professionals. We ask that you dress business casual and bring several copies of your resume.
Registration is open! You can register and pay by check, money order, or credit card. If you are paying by check or money order, please complete the form at: http://go.unl.edu/lfa2014. If you are paying by credit card, please complete the online form found at http://go.unl.edu/lfa2014cc.
September, 28 2013 Conference Schedule
9:00-10:00 Check-in & Networking & Opportunities Tables
10:05-11:00 Session I: Living an Internationally-Focused Life
11:15-11:30 Break & Opportunities Tables
11:30-12:30 Lunch with Study Abroad Alumni and Presenters
12:30-1:45 Session II: Go Abroad Again! Work, Study, Teach, or Volunteer Overseas
1:45-2:00 Break & Opportunities Tables
2:00-3:15 Session III: Showcasing Your Experience: Resumes, Cover Letters, Interviews
3:15-3:30 Closing Remarks & Evaluations
We hope to see you there! If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
The Nebraska Lessons From Abroad Planning Committee