Congratulations on your recent voyage abroad! We know you are excited and brimming with stories of your experiences abroad and insights into your host country’s culture. Might you be looking for a captive audience with whom to share those experiences, or are you seeking new ways to study, travel, or work abroad again? If so, then we invite you to attend the Lessons From Abroad Returnee Conference!
Saturday, Feb. 21st, 2015, hosted at Point Loma Nazarene University
Online registration is now open. Register now! Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
Conference highlights include:
- Meeting other recent study abroad returnees from all over Southern California
- Hearing from dynamic and motivating keynote speakers
- Learning how to talk about your newly acquired global skills in a job interview
- Discovering how you can work or study abroad after graduation
- Networking with professionals working in internationally-focused jobs
- Staying connected to and sharing stories about your study abroad experience
This is a great opportunity to network with other students and professionals. We ask that you dress business casual and bring several copies of your resume.
In 2007, Cincinnati native Derrik Chinn did something not unthinkable but deﬁnitely abnormal. He moved to Tijuana, Mexico. A former entertainment reporter and photographer for the San Diego Union-Tribune, he now operates Turista Libre, a day-trip company aimed at destigmatizing the border city by ushering foreigners to sights usually reserved for locals. Chinn calls the city “a postmodern mecca of otherworldliness and humble innovation,” adding, “beneath the veil of corruption and violence, Tijuana mesmerizes.”
We hope to see you there! If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
The Lessons From Abroad San Diego Planning Committee