Congratulations on your recent voyage abroad! We know you are excited and brimming with stories of your experiences abroad and insights into your host country’s culture. Might you be looking for a captive audience with whom to share those experiences, or are you seeking new ways to study, travel, or work abroad again? If so, then we invite you to attend the Lessons From Abroad SF Bay Area Returnee Conference on Saturday, October 21, 2017 at Skyline College.
Conference attendees will:
This is a great opportunity to network with other students and professionals. We ask that you dress business casual and bring several copies of your resume.
Registration will open a few months before the event. Check back for more details.
2016 Sample Schedule of Conference Events:
11:00 – 12:00pm Registration, Check-In, Opportunities Fair, Resume Review and Lunch
12:00 – 12:30pm Welcome and Opening Icebreaker Workshop
12:30 – 12:45pm Break and Move to Session I Rooms
12:45 – 1:45pm Session I, 3 workshops
1:45 – 2:00pm Break and Move to Session II Rooms
2:00 – 3:00pm Session II, 2 workshops
3:00 – 4:00pm Resume Review, International Opportunities Fair, Photo Contest Winners, Raffle, Snacks, Closing
1) Professional Skills and Interviewing Secrets: Showcasing experience abroad in your job interview
2) Putting Global Experience to Work: Professionals who Profited: Hear from study abroad alumni who have turned their study abroad experiences into professional opportunities
3) Teach Abroad: It’s Not Just for Future Teachers!
4) Finding and Funding an International Graduate Program or Research Opportunity
5) Starting an International Career and Strategies for Finding Jobs Abroad
We hope to see you there! If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lessons From Abroad SF Bay Area Planning Committee